In the context of the coronacrisis, the issue of going online has become one of the main issues for many entrepreneurs. In this article, we will analyze how to bring a business to digital, create a unique packaging and bypass the most popular rake.
What does it mean to “bring a business to digital”?
Business digitalization is the development of digital products that partially or completely replace certain offline business processes. For example, this is an online store instead of a real showcase, a mobile application instead of processing applications by managers, a CRM system instead of many tables and ledgers.
What is product packaging? 5 principles of selling in digital
Packaging is a visual information code of your product, which forms in the mind of the consumer the answer to the main question: what value will your product bring to his life?
In the digital world, a landing page, a website, an instagram account, an app page in the app store, and so on can be considered packaging. The practical tips in this article will be disclosed in the context of a website or landing page, but this does not mean that they cannot be used for other types of packaging. All these principles are successfully used, for example, in casinos, and in order to attract more customers, they are offered casino bonuses online.
Packaging cannot live a separate life from the product. We cannot sell a product in a vacuum of reality: in the end, we will either sell something that does not exist and customers will leave, or we will sell something that is not relevant to the audience.
Therefore, before the start of sales, it is necessary to disassemble the product according to the 4C principle – this is the basis of the marketing and market strategy, and hence the product itself.
From this, 5 basic principles of digital sales follow logically.
1️. First you need to grab the attention of the client
2️. Keep your attention
3️. Then sell information about the product (how easy and great it is to use)
4️. Sell information about how easy it is to buy and use
5️. And only after that – sell the product itself. Often the last 2 points are combined into one, which is logical, because. they are inextricably linked.
If you lose sight of one thing, you either lose a significant share of sales, or you don’t have sales at all.
Schemes in which you sell goods directly, “on the forehead” no longer work.
Let’s start packing
Step 1: Define your core audience
How to please everyone if the audience is so different? The right thing to do is to use methodologies for creating new products, where through interaction with potential customers, hypotheses about the problem, solution, market and channels of attraction are validated:
- User Research
These are the main 3 approaches that are used in the market. We will talk about them in more detail in a separate article.
Now about how the process of determining the target audience looks like:
- Structure your own knowledge about target audience
- Collect additional information using User techniques
- Research, Custdev, JTDB
- Make portraits of clients by analyzing the following points:
- 5W method data (Who buys, What we offer, Why should they buy from us, When they want to buy, Where does the purchase decision take place)
- Geographic characteristics
- Demographic characteristics (education, source of income, free amount of resources)
- Social characteristics (idols, fears, lifestyle, life position)
- Psychological characteristics (values, interests, dreams)
- Commodity characteristics
- Internet User Characteristics
Step 2. Determine the value of the product. Forming a Value Proposition
1️. Briefly describe your product in 1-2 sentences that should grab the user’s attention and create the feeling that your product is the solution to their problems
2️. Put in them the basic needs that you cover
3️. Formulate needs with benefits for the client – so as to show the difference that will be in his life with the arrival of your product.
Step 3. We form uniqueness. Determine your company’s USP
- Why should customers choose you? What can you offer them? (e.g. price, technology, best service) This is where Step 1 comes in.
- What additional value is there that your
- Don’t forget to secure information with social proof: it can be ratings of your app, rating in market, customer feedback – everything that will add weight to your words
Step 4. Formula for effective digital packaging and decision funnel.
The formula is divided into 2 levels:
Level 1 is strategic. Answers the question: “What” i.e. What information should the package contain?
Level 2 – combo or tactical. Answers the question: “How”, i.e. what is the sequence of actions.